Thursday, January 24, 2013

What a rough few months we've had.....

Whew...where do I start?  You ready for this?  LOL

In September, I had my surgery (total hysterectomy/hernia repair/removal of adhesions from my bladder)...Marty's mom came to help out for 17 days (couldn't have done it without her).

In mid-December, Marty's mom (age 72) found out she needed her aortic valve replaced, so Marty flew up there for 5 days to be with her while she was in ICU.

Then on 12/26, we drove to Jacksonville to spend some days with his family in Ponte Vedra Beach.

From there, we drove to Ohio to see out friends in Cincy for 5 days.
While there, poor Grace got the flu....she had to drive back home sick. :(

On our way back home from Ohio, I got word that my dad was in the ICU in Ocala in respiratory distress (difficult time breathing).  For you with medical knowledge, his pulseox was 57% on admission!

That next Friday, Amber and I drove down there (3 hr drive one way) to see him, and at that point....thought we were saying our "goodbyes" to him.

It's been 24 days since then, and he is still alive....living in a hospice house near The Villages, on 6 liters of O2, and is bed bound.  Amber and I take turns driving down there for days to be with him...and just soak up these last days with him.  Angela lives close-by, so is with him almost everyday.

It's been a very emotionally draining time for us all lately.

Grace & Hunter in the snow in Ohio

All four of us

My dad with Hunter & Grace

Hunter & Grace on Christmas 2012

No comments: